Depending on your nationality, you need a visa to travel to Switzerland.
More information under: Nationality
- Only short-term visa applications (up to 90 days, Schengen visa) such as tourist, visit or business can be submitted online. A visa application can be submitted at the earliest 3 month before entering the Schengen area.
- Applications for long-term visas (over 90 days, National visa) must be filed directly with the responsible Swiss representation.
- Depending on the Swiss representation, appointments can be made for both, Schengen and National visas.
Where to apply for a visa?
Depending on your place of residence, you can submit your visa application either:
- directly at a Swiss representation abroad;
- by filling out the visa application online;
- at an external visa service provider;
- at the representation of another Schengen State.
To assess your options, please enter where you have your legal residence in the form included in this page.
*This page reports information taken from the following website, Swiss-Visa please check again for updates.